Wanna Be Surfer

Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, July 12, 2010

Thing #7 My creation


My creation
Originally uploaded by dee.johnson

I can see using trading cards as a group portfolio of projects done by my class showcasing their projects on a theme. I like that there can be a picture and then a description that they could write. Or, perhaps, students could document their own projects or learning done throughout the year as an electronic portfolio. Could we put stuff from flickr on our school web pages? I'm not sure how this would work....but think there are some definite possibilities.

I posted this on my blog by first saving it to flickr. That was easier than I thought it would be. Then I saw that above the image there was an option to email it to someone. I emailed it to my home address. That's pretty cool. Students could create something and email it home to share with parents. On the email there is a place where they can be redirected to flickr and make comments on the project.

So, I think a flickr account has some possibilities as a way to share class projects, trips, and just to document things happening in the classroom. The trading card format gives the opportunity to put both an image and description into a fun format. FUN!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of an electronic portfolio. I believe that is 21st Century thinking, Dee Johnson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Cheryl's comments. Maybe this is the answer to the absence of a color printer! The privacy settings on Flickr will help students determine who views their work and student emails should allow them to create their own accounts.
    Looks like we've got some policy to write!

    ReplyDelete