There was A LOT to look at in this thing!! I enjoyed exploring!
I set up an account with Shelfari and think it's pretty cool. I would love to have this as my background for my computer so when I project onto the SmartBoard (or my new white board)a shelf for my class and the books students are currently reading would be the display. I think it would be a great way to let others know what they are reading.
I also added What I Should Read Next and Book Seer to my favorites. I think these will be a great tools to help recommend books to students.
I did read the articles that Sharleen posted and they were good food for thought. I thought of Logan because I am always trying to get him just the right book...which has NEVER happened! He always argues that he reads online and he's right...he does. It may not be the same as reading a book...but if it wasn't for the internet he would NOT be reading at all. I think we do need to just think of the internet as just another tool in our toolbox!
No comments:
Post a Comment