http://www.npr.org/rss/rss.php?id=1038
This is a podcast from NPR that I put on my Bloglines that features children's books and authors. I listened to an interview with the author of Diary of a Wimpy Kid that was well done.
http://blog.wholechildeducation.org/podcast/
This is an educational podcast from ASCD called The Whole Child Podcast. It comes out once a month. This month's podcast is about children and summer learning (or not!). I subscribed to it so that it will come to me each month. :)
I used Google to look for podcasts on children's books. I always get "lost" and hours can pass when I start looking at all the stuff that's out there.
How do you create podcasts? Could students create podcasts of their own book reviews or read poems? Sharleen is this similar to the fractured fairy tales we did on the Macs? Was that Voice Threads???
Good finds Dee! The ASCD podcast sounds like a good time investment; one can trust their material. Good to have the link, thanks.
ReplyDeleteWe can create podcasts quite easily with the MACS. I have no experience using some of of the PC software for creating - like Audacity. We have used Garageband with one grade level two years ago and created "bookcasts" for the library site. Voicethread was the application used for the fractured fairy tales.